SEASONAL SUMMER POSITIONS - HAZLET TOWNSHIP, NJ
For More Info visit https://www.hazlettwp.org/592/Summer-Seasonal-Employment
South Orange Department of Recreation and Cultural Affairs - Recreation Leader
The South Orange Recreation Department and Cultural Affairs is seeking a Full Time Recreation Leader to join our team. Please follow the link below for a detailed job description. All interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Matt Gray, firstname.lastname@example.org.
MONMOUTH COUNTY PARK SYSTEM-FULL TIME & SUMMER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Please follow the link below for all of Monmouth County Park System’s full-time, part-time, and summer job opportunities.
Bernards Township Parks and Recreation - SEASONAL JOB OPPORTUNITES
Bernards Township Parks and Recreation is accepting applications for the following seasonal summer positions:
-Pool Assistant Manager
-Pool Lifeguard Supervisor
-Summer Trip Camp Supervisor
-Summer Trip Camp Group Leaders
For detailed job descriptions and applications, please visit the following link: https://www.bernards.org/government/documents/department-documents/human-resources/employment-opportunities
For questions contact: Sean O’Grady, Bernards Township Parks & Recreation, e-mail: email@example.com
RECREATION PROGRAM COORDINATOR - SPRINGFIELD, NJ
The Springfield Recreation Department is seeking a year-round part-time Recreation Program Coordinator to join our team. The Recreation Program Coordinator is responsible for helping to plan, promote, and oversee a diversified roster of special events, new initiatives, aquatics planning, sports and extracurricular programs, camps, bus trips, and other activities. The Recreation Program Coordinator also assists with evening and weekend program oversight and staff supervision, community center operations, resident services, and office duties. College graduates and recreation-related experience preferred. Interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter, by email only, to: Adam Lieb, Director of Recreation, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Township of Springfield reserves the right to review and interview applicants immediately, as qualified candidates are identified. All application materials are deemed confidential to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Township of Springfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
PRINCETON RECREATION DEPARTMENT - SEASONAL JOB OPPORTUNITES
Please follow the link below for all of Princeton Recreation Department's Summer 2023 positions:
TOWNSHIP OF MORRIS PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT---RECREATION SUPERVISOR:
Plans, implements, coordinates, and supervises the Township’s comprehensive recreational programming for all ages, and provides management and program support to the Morris Township Senior Citizen’s Club. Responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, implementing, managing, and promoting comprehensive recreational activities in the Township for all ages and interests. This position is responsible for the recruitment and supervision of related staff, volunteers, service concessionaires, and participants. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Parks and Recreation, who reviews work primarily on the basis or results obtained.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
1. Supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned staff and volunteers. Recruits, interviews, trains, and direct employees and volunteers to properly perform their duties. Recommends promotions, reassignments, pay increases, and disciplinary action.
2. Develops, schedules, implements, and supervises a comprehensive program of recreational, athletic, and special events and activities for the Township. Coordinates with organizations for scheduled use of related indoor and outdoor facilities.
3. Prepares, edits, and disseminates promotional and advertising materials through the use of flyers, brochures, signs, public service announcements, news releases, website content, social media, radio, TV, other media resources.
4. Assists in the preparation, development, and presentation of the annual budget. Prepares preliminary section budget, analyzes and reviews budgetary and financial data, and monitors expenses and revenue. Prepares and maintains a variety of records, reports, contracts, and files related to assigned recreation programs, activities and operations.
5. Represents the Township’s interest on boards and committees on issues affecting the operation of programs and activities of the department. Represents the department at meetings with Township officials and administrators, public and private organizations, agencies, citizens, and contractors regarding recreation and park programs and activities. Responsible for resolving issues and conflicts.
6. Identifies and resolves work place safety hazards. Ensures that all safety and risk management requirements are followed for employee and customer safety.
7. Identifies needed maintenance and repairs related to parks, playgrounds, athletic fields, program rooms, gymnasiums, and related facilities and communicates same to Parks Division.
8. Purchases materials, supplies, and equipment according to established Township policies and procedures. Reviews product specifications and contacts vendors to obtain quotes. Maintains inventory and asset records for Department equipment and supplies.
9. Attends, presents, and promotes recreation and park program opportunities to a variety of groups, service organizations, schools, and private businesses.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE OF: Principles, practices, and techniques for developing, scheduling, implementing, and sustaining a comprehensive recreation, sports and leisure services program; Township and regional recreation programs, sports, activities, and facility operations; management principles, practices, and procedures pertaining to organizational systems, personnel, training and staff development; effective strategies and techniques to achieve enhanced customer service delivery and staff motivation. Budget planning, development, and control; recreation program marketing techniques and strategies; risk management and workplace safety; computer software programs, program registration, report writing, and financial analysis.
RATE OF PAY: Commensurate with experience and knowledge
ABILITY TO:Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and general public represent the Township in a positive manor.
SKILLS IN:Record keeping, communications, public relations, reports, and information development and management
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the field of recreation, sports management, marketing or closely related field is desired, or an equivalent demonstrated experience. Minimum of three years of experience in managing and supervising recreational programming desired.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
-Valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
-CPR and First Aid certificate.
-Certification as Recreation Supervisor from the New Jersey Dept. of Community Affairs and/or Certified Parks and Recreation Professional from the National Recreation and Park Association preferred.
Anyone who feels they possess the necessary qualifications and skills to fill this vacancy should submit a resume and copies of certifications to the Administrator’s Office, email@example.com
Essex County Turtle Back Zoo - West Orange, NJ
Essex County Turtle Back Zoo and the surrounding South Mountain Recreational Complex are looking for seasonal employees in a variety of areas for the 2023 season including: Guest Relations (Cashier, Sales, Mini Golf Safari, Paddle Boats, Train Drivers, Seasonal Managers), Treetop Adventure Course, Maintenance/ Custodial, Guest Experience Keeper (Aviary, Touch Tank, Farm, Pony Rides, Butterfly), & Camp Counselor. TO APPLY: Attend one of our job fairs at the Essex County Turtle Back Zoo (560 Northfield Ave, West Orange, NJ) to interview and apply. OR fill out our virtual form to be scheduled for an interview https://turtlebackzoo.com/employment/. NEXT JOB FAIR: SATURDAY, MARCH 11TH, 2023 from 10AM – 2PM
Treetop Adventure Course at the South Mountain Recreational Complex - Essex County, NJ
We are looking for seasonal employees for the upcoming 2023 season. TO APPLY: Attend one of our job fairs at the Essex County Turtle Back Zoo (560 Northfield Ave, West Orange, NJ) to interview and apply. OR fill out our virtual form to be scheduled for an interview https://turtlebackzoo.com/employment/. NEXT JOB FAIR: SATURDAY, MARCH 11TH, 2023 from 10AM – 2PM
Pool Manager and Assistant Pool Managers-THE BOROUGH OF FLORHAM PARK
THE BOROUGH OF FLORHAM PARK is seeking a Pool Manager and Assistant Pool Managers for the 2022 Summer Season (May - September). The duties of this seasonal position will include managing the operations of the pool, overseeing scheduling, educating the staff including assistant manager, head guards, and lifeguards; coordinate staff timesheets and supply inventories; regulate water chemistry and filter operations; act as a liaison between the pool and the Recreation Director. Assist with special events; interact with pool patrons and provide professional and friendly customer service, conduct preseason orientation for all pool staff, understand the State bathing code and other miscellaneous assigned duties. Previous aquatics experience is required. Current required certifications include Lifeguard Certification with CPR, Certified/Trained Pool Operator (CPO/TPO), and Pool Director Certification. If an applicant does not possess the Pool Director Training and/or Certified/Trained (CPO/TPO) Course, the Borough will reimburse the cost(s) upon completion of the employee’s seasonal employment agreement. Interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter by email only to: John Timmons at firstname.lastname@example.org The Borough of Florham Park reserves the right to review and interview applicants immediately, as qualified candidates are identified. The Borough of Florham Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Resume deadline March 22, 2023.